Sunday, June 18, 2006

I've been busy doing nothing of consequence the past few days. I think I've watched more sports in two days than I've watched my entire life. The World Cup seems to part of that, it's unavoidable. I rode the streetcar along College (Little Italy) tonight and every last bar, cafe and gelato parlor had a big screen TV lit up.

I watched Germany vs Poland earlier this week out of necessity: if Poland had managed to eke out a win I'd have to leave early for work to avoid the celebrations in my Polish neighbourhood. No such luck for the Poles.

I had a sporty Saturday with Randy as we watched Ghana pound on the Czechs in an exciting game that seemed like the Czechs hit the pub rather than the pitch. We made a quick beer run out into the sweltering heat of Toronto, and returned to "watch" Italy vs the US (by watch I mean I saw Italy lie down to take a nap, so I thought I'd have one as well) and then we settled in for the comeback kids of the praries, the Edmonton Oilers, pull out a win to push the Stanley Cup to a game 7 that has got me excited about hockey, but unable to watch because of work. I must be caving to the sporting bug - I almost watched a CFL game. Crack open the Labatt's and pass the nachos.
Categories:

0 comments: