Saturday, June 10, 2006

As far back as I remember, all the way back to a faithful first exchange in Grade 10 chemistry and subsequent games of Euchre and Hearts, my friend Nicole has to always trump me. It was all about the trump card, even recently:

Me: I just love my apartment.

Her: I just bought a house.

Me: I got an extra vacation day at work and pizza appreciation day.

Her: Work is sending me to Iceland.

Me: I had a good date the other night.

Her: I'm engaged.

Me: I saw the guy who plays Snake from Degrassi at the bar the other night.

Her: I bumped into Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins.

Me: I found a bargain on a Radiohead CD today. They're so good.

Her: I'm going to see Radiohead play in Montreal.

Me: I'm going to have to hang up now.
I was chatting on IM with her the other day and mention the weird little clip of Shatner singing Rocket Man. She LOL'd and then she sent me this trump card.

David Hasselhoff sings "Hooked On A Feeling". With video that's got some "blue screen video filmed for $10 at Canada's Wonderland theme park" quality.



It offended 5 senses at once:

Sight: an eskimo, a flying priest, a motorbike, a fish?? angels?!??!?!
Sound: karoke night
Taste: think I vomitted in my mouth a little
Smell: like cheese
Touch: I think I have to scrub a layer of skin off to feel clean again after watching that.

*Sigh* You win again Nicole, until the next time.

0 comments: