Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'm bleary-eyed after a late night at work, talking to my Dad on the phone this morning...

Dad:
yaddadyadada... oh by the way, your friend Michelle called yesterday.

Me: What? She called your number? Why?

Dad: I don't know, she said she is at her parents. I left the number at home, I can get it to you tonight.

(
Oh God, what's wrong? Is the baby okay? Did something happen between her and her husband? Where the hell's Greg? Did the house burn down? Pirates? )

Me: Which parent?

Dad: She didn't say. "J" something...

Me: Did she say to call her at her parents in Etobicoke or Barrie or what!?

Dad: She said call her parent's place in Richmond Hill

Me: What? Her folks don't live in Richmond Hill.(beat) Do you mean Martina?

Dad: Oh sorry, that's it. She said call her so you can get together Friday.



Helldamncrap, I hate when my heart jumps into my throat at 9 in the morning. At least I won't need that first coffee yet...
Categories:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are o.k. !! that was very funny Jay!

Mich