Monday, July 17, 2006

There was this beautiful day 2 weeks ago, so with time to kill I wandered the city. I ran some errands, dropped by St. Lawrence Market (Pernon 4 Year old Quebec cheddar is particularly tasty) and walked along Front Street. I had some time before work, so I thought after a nice long walk that a pint with dinner was in order. I popped in at the Duke of Argyle at King and John. The patio was full, so the waitress seated my inside in the back room. I was all set to settle in my seat with my magazine, when I noticed about 2 dozen people in a group across the room.

"Hmm, that looks like that red-head from Human Resources. And that's the Senior Production Manager. And that's..."

oh hell.

It appears I stumbled upon some senior management outting. While they wouldn't object to me having a beer or wine with dinner, I still felt perhaps this wasn't the best time to be seen downing a pint: "Hey, isn't that the new Training Officer drinking by himself there".

I slid out without being noticed and approached the waitress: "Yea, that's my entire management team in the back. I'm gonna need a seat in the front room."

What, I was going to leave? They make good bruschetta and pour a cold glass of beer. I had an idea that if I saw my manager come out, I was going to have the waitress spread 3 or 4 empty shotglasses on my table. I had a second thought that he might not have gotten the joke.
Categories:

0 comments: