Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Dear World,

I realize we haven't spoken in a while. How have you been? I hear you've been having one crazy summer.

Well I realize these are trying times for you, but could you do me a favour? PLEASE STOP GOING CRAZY!!

You see, life is starting to get pretty good for me at the moment. And it would be a lousy punchline for World War 3 to break out and bring that life to an end. I realize life is not as pleasant in other parts of the world, but maybe life would not be as crappy if folks would stop trying to kill each other over the lines on a map or oil in the ground. When I start to pay attention to the news and notice how Korea, India, Sri Lanka, Lebanon and Israel all seem poised on the brink of exploding, along with continued conflicts in Iraq and the occasional terrorist bombing to keep us on our toes, you make me pine for the days of simply worrying about The Cold War. In closing, let me say, I like living on this planet, so please do your best to keep down the noise and continue providing me with air to breath and ground beneath my feet. You do for me, I'll do my best to do for you.

Thanks, keep in touch,

the2scoops


Daily Show clips:
Jon Stewart a tad worried about current world tensions

Jason Jones and Your Emotional Weather Forecast

2 comments:

clara* said...

hey i'll put my name on that too. maybe if we make it a petition...

brokenengine said...

Amen brother.