Monday, January 30, 2006

Some shows folks were asking about:

Billy Bragg show happening Saturday March 11th at the Opera House. Tickets for that show are on sale now through Ticketmaster.

The Violent Femmes are going to be playing at Massey Hall on March 8th. Tickets on sale for that show this Tuesday starting at 10am.

Stars are playing all across Canada this month. The shows that I recommend for my out of town friends:
Sunday February 5th - Edmonton @ Dinwoodie Lounge
Saturday February 18th - Ottawa @ Winterlude Festival
Wednesday March 1st - Toronto @ The Docks (fricking mandatory workday (night) for me)

I'm curious enough to check out the Friday night show with Sarah Slean playing at the Spin Gallery on Queen West, but if I had to see one show this weekend, it would be The Sadies with a fricking stack of talent including Jon Spencer, Neko Case, members of Blue Rodeo, among many more who are coming together to record a live album over two nights at Lee's Palace on February 3rd & 4th.

I missed the double bill at The Horseshow with Deadly Snakes & The Constantines, would have been some good beer-soaked rock and roll.

0 comments: