Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I caught the trailer for Kinky Boots a few months ago and I hope the film manages to give the same sense of fun and charm. Kinky Boots is a British comedy about a man who inherits his father's shoe factory and must turn to unconventional means to keep it running. Watch the trailer and you will see the quirkiness and heart of the film, two things that tend to appeal to me. Chiwetel Ejiofor (yes, the same actor who was such a badass in Serenity) stars as the crossdressing singer who brings a mix of hope and change to the small English town that relies on the factory.

I just found something sweetly funny about this movie, and I can't wait to see this offbeat film that reminds me of The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, The Full Monty and The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain.

Opening in April 14th (may be in limited release at first).

Apple - Trailers - Kinky Boots

Kinky Boots - Movie Info - Yahoo! Movies

Kinky Boots Official Site

0 comments: