Saturday, September 16, 2006

In support of The Mixtape Story, here is the playlist I used. On second look, perhaps "Soul Meets Body" by Death Cab For Cutie was a mistake in "the mixed message" sense. Maybe I should have put in some Tom Waits or Interpol to take the edge off...

The Mixtape Story playlist:

1 The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
2 Stars - Ageless Beauty
3 The Arcade Fire - Wake Up
4 Badly Drawn Boy - Another Pearl
5 K-OS - Crabbuckit
6 Christine Fellows - Souvenirs
7 Spoon - The Way We Get By
8 Wilco - Outtasite (Outta Mind)
9 Calexico - Not Even Stevie Nicks...
10 The Dears - No Cities Left
11 Feist - Inside and Out
12 Death Cab for Cutie - Soul Meets Body
13 Aimee Mann - Satellite
14 Controller.Controller - Silent Seven
15 Beck - Girl
16 Phoenix - Everything Is Everything
17 Modest Mouse - Float On
18 Clem Snide - Moment in the Sun
19 Jason Collett - All I've Ever Know
20 Alejandro Escovedo - Wave

We'll try something to keep you kind readers coming back here. I know I haven't been posting in a regular or timely matter, as life has gotten a bit busier over the past month. Every Monday I'll try to post a new mixtape/playlist, each about a compact disc-length compilation. I'll leave it up about a week and then put a new one up. Here's the The Mixtape Story playlist.

All posted songs were purchased, and I have personally contacted every person who downloads them to make sure that they already own a copy of each song. All tracks are posted out as a fan, and I hope you will be a fan too. If you like anything you see here, please support the artist and buy it and see their shows. Any music that is posted here is for evaluation purposes only. If anything needs to be taken down email me and i'll make it happen.
Categories:

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Nice. I'm hit-and-miss with the Dandy Warhols, and there's something Tom Waits-ish about Modest Mouse - something to do with the strange song topics.

Unknown said...

I liked the Dandy Warhols first few albums (especially "Thirteen Tales of Urban Bohemia", an album in the true sense of the word), but they completely lost me with the last album, "Odditorium or Warlords of Mars".

I never paid much attention to Modest Mouse until I saw them live at one of the Toronto Island concert festivals that Broken Social Scene put together. Since seeing them rock pretty hard that day, I've been a fan.

Rebecca said...

Have you seen the DW/Brian Jonestown Massacre documentary, "Dig!"? It's on my Zip list, and I should order a copy for the library.

Unknown said...

I have a copy that's packed away somewhere. I haven't watched it yet but I heard it was excellent. I have that on my "need to set aside time and watch it" list, as well as "End of the Century" with The Ramones and "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" with Wilco. I'll probably do a music-doc marathon at some point.