Friday, May 26, 2006

I'll probably catch X3 weekend, with my opening-weekend sci-fi/comic book movie mainstays Trev&Steph, but here's a heads up from Egotastic! - The Entertainment Blog:
"I'm not going to spoil any plot points for you, but I will say this: Stay till the end. Stay past the end. After the credits there's an extra scene that you don't want to miss. "
I'll be sure to post my rants and raves on the flick later this weekend, and a review of Lost's season finale (head still processing). I'm looking forward to X3, even though with so many mutant chracters jammed into this movie, you sacrifice story for flash/eye-candy, which is understandable given the shift change of directors from Bryan Singer (X-Men 1 & 2, Usual Suspects, Superman Returns) to Brett Ratner (er... Rush Hour and X-Men 3). Expectations are lowered with Ratner, whose storytelling style lacks the heart and emotional resonance of Singer's touch.

How bad can any movie be with both Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart? They sit on a stage and read the phone book, I'd pay to see it (which sounds like a potential minimalist Lars von Trier project). And Halle Berry swears this is the last comic book movie she is doing, so I have to go and show my support for Halle, just like Patrick Stewart does in this photo from the premiere (he has no idea where the hell those hands should go).


See Ben Kingsley, Halle Berry learned her lesson, why haven't you? I mean Bloodrayne ? Really now Sir Ben...

0 comments: