Monday, March 26, 2007

I just discovered Facebook last week, and it's addictive. Most of the folks I've been in touch with are high school friends I haven't seen in a decade. The site is like a yearbook crammed with the past 10 years of our lives.

For the benefit of those who haven't seen me in a while, here is a quick catch-up primer of me:

Things I Have Done Since High School

  1. Gained the ability to grow and maintain facial hair. Learned how to shave it off too.
  2. Contemplated a tattoo. Still thinking.
  3. Subscribed to Esquire and GQ and finally figured out how to dress myself .
  4. Developed an appreciation of good beer, wine, and gin & tonic.
  5. Learned to cook well, and to follow a recipe.
  6. Attended the Toronto Film Festival several times and grew to appreciate different genres of film. Except for that odd French one. That was unpleasant.
  7. Learned how to play poker.
  8. Become internet savvy.
  9. Changed from "not a sports person" to "casual sports guy who enjoyed the FIFA World Cup enough last year and yelled at the TV several times" .
  10. Learned to appreciate many different types of music, and to make an effort to support local acts.
Things I Have Not Done Since High School

  1. Grown a mullet .
  2. Gotten a piercing (I'm leaving life with the same number of holes I came in with. Unless I get shot).
  3. Have never subscribed to Guns & Ammos, People, or Cat Fancier.
  4. Developed a hardcore drug addiction. I know Trainspotting made it look glamourous, but those episodes of Party of Five scared me straight.
  5. Learned how to cook rice properly on a stovetop without burning it. Thank god for rice cookers.
  6. Appeared in adult films, no matter how "artistic" I was told it would be.
  7. Have not learned how to win at poker.
  8. Have not become a World of Warcraft addict, no matter how much fun staring into a computer screen for 8 hours straight and screaming "I pwned you Elven byatch!" appears to be.
  9. Figured out how to shoot pool without ricocheting a cue ball off the table at least once per night.
  10. Ever enjoyed Nickleback. Not once.
Categories:

1 comments:

brokenengine said...

RE: Facebook: Look me up, add me: tim knight

RE: Tattoo: Go to Reactive Ink in Kensington. Great artists, reasonable rates.

RE: Poker: We should get together for a game sometime!