Tuesday, January 02, 2007

In response to the usual rush of "I just got an iPod for Christmas, not what do I do" questions I get this time of year, I direct you to my iPod post: the2scoops iPod toolkit. It's a primer on how to set up and get the most from your iPod.

My recommended manufacturer for the iPod is still Marware. I've had a few different cases and these are the best I've used so far. The iPod is snug in it's little body armour. When you have an ill-fitting iPod case, the iPod moves around a little, allowing dirt or debris to get caught between the case and your screen, causing scratches. I've used the Marware Sidewinder model for months and it's terrific. The protections is top notch, the features are practical (the kickstand and headphone holders are especially handy), and my iPod looks kind of badass in its armor. The benefit is the adapter plate inside, which means the Sidewinder can hold my 30 GB or convert to hold the thicker 60GB or 80GB models with a click of the adapter. I don't flinch if the iPod is fumbled or drops as long as it's suited up

The only drawback is that I have to take the iPod out of its armor when I want to plug it into a dock or device like my iHome alarm clock. I just have to remember to pop the suit back on it and not leave it unprotected on a desk. Having rambunctious pets or children will lead to a banged up MP3 player and heartache if you aren't careful.
Categories: ,

0 comments: