Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Ah to live in the age of the internet and blogging, where someone can take a beef with an indie rocker, spin it into a blog, indie rocker's brother counter-blogs the beef, music bloggers have fun with the whole thing.

The story goes that while on tour, Win Butler of The Arcade Fire got into an altercation at a basketball court. Win is then accused of stealing some guy's basketball. Guy then blogs it (the site appears to be deleted, but it was arcadefirestolemybasketball.blogspot.com). Win's brother Will defends Win at arcadefiredidntstealdudesbasketball.blogspot.com (also deleted last time I checked)

The whole point of this post though is to point you at this funny comment thread at "Stereogum", where comments have been piling up as bloggers try to top each other with malicious indie rocker slights. My favourite so far:

"The Decemberists trained a falcon to crap on my head at my wedding."

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get that printed on a t-shirt before I hit some NxNE festival shows.

Source: EW.com - Frankly, I would have pegged them more as badminton types

The Decemberists: Offical Website
Categories: ,

0 comments: