Friday, June 01, 2007

A response to a comment on Sexile Island:


Dear Mr. 2scoops

I read your post on “Sexile Island” and I have a dilemma. I’m going away with friends to Montreal. It's a co-ed trip. I have my own hotel room as do some of the other girls, and 3 of the guys are sharing one room. I’m worried that 2 of them will be “sexiled” and will want to crash out in my room. What should I do?

Signed, Miss Musing

Dear Miss,

If the guys get sexiled, you are in no way obligated to open your door to the sexiled refugees. It’s your room, you paid for it, and if they didn’t want to get kicked out of the room, they should have made different hotel arrangements then.

I don’t know how women treat the sexile situation, but if you’re a guy, you suck it up and take one for the team. You can payback an inconsiderate roommate later, but if you get kicked/locked out, the sexiled party do not compound it by inconveniencing someone else by barging in on their private space, or worse yet, interrupting your own hook-up.

Not to mention that above all else, a gentlemen doesn’t rouse a woman from her sleep by pounding on her hotel room door at 2AM, whining about how they got kicked out. The only time a man should be on your hotel doorstep at 2AM is if you ordered one from room service.

To the gentlemen: Suck it up cowboy and hit the bar.

Miss, you are not obligated to do a damn thing. Knock back a gin and tonic, pop in the earplugs, and pay no attention. They are men, and they know the risks of being sexiled when they signed up for that rooming arrangement.

Enjoy the weekend.

Signed, the2scoops
Categories: , ,

0 comments: