Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It's one thing to feel like you're on a roll. Whenever I've won a prize or some other piece of good fortune comes my way, my friends are sure to congratulate me, and then accuse me of "having a horseshoe stuck up your ass". Which is a phrase that I'm sure looks nice on a greeting card.

But to openly run around proclaiming your luck boldly, to proudly announce just where that horseshoe is stuck; well my friends, that is what we call "asking for it". You might as well draw that target on your head, just so that other shoe knows where to drop.

I believe in a higher power in the world. It's known by many names: Karma, God, the Universe, Buddha, Mohammad, Fate. Too many events in my life have the precise timing necessary for the maximum comedic effect. It can't possibly be coincidence that many times.

Hubris and gloating about your luck is a quick way to having an anvil drop on your head (metaphorical or literal).


Rick: Do you believe in Fate
Kat: Not me....
Rick: I hate Fate.
Kat: ...but let's not make it angry!

from the show "The Class"

Categories:

5 comments:

brokenengine said...

Ummm, okaaaaay...? Everything ok?

Unknown said...

LOL - yes everything is fine on this end. This was just some musing I had done a few months ago and never got around to posting.

File under random musings

brokenengine said...

Oh, ok, hahaha. Thought I was gonna have to lay the smackdown on someone.

Did I just say "Lay the smackdown"? Yes. Yes, I did.

Unknown said...

That's alright, I think I smell what BrokenEngine was cooking...


...and now we've driven all women away from this post by dropping "Rock" quotes. Nice.

brokenengine said...

He IS a fine actor, and a genius on the mic. heh.