Friday, April 13, 2007

Some quotes and lines that made me laugh this week:

From last night's brilliantly funny episode of "The Office", Daryl's attempt at talking Michael down off the roof:

"It takes courage just to be you, to get out of bed every single day, knowing full well you gotta be you... I couldn't do it. I ain't that strong, and I ain't that brave."

I'm really enjoying more of the interaction between Daryl the warehouse manager and Michael. And nice to see Jim interacting more with the rest of the office in the betting storyline, something he hasn't done much of since Season 2, before his promotion.

And from Alan Sepinwall, with an accurate description of actor Nathan Fillion (Captain Mal Reynolds in"Firefly" and "Serenity") in the new show "Drive":

Tully is played by Minear's "Firefly" leading man, Nathan Fillion, sort of a taller, meaner version of Harrison Ford if Ford hadn't had his sense of humor surgically removed in 1983. If there's a reason to go along on this race to an uncertain destination, it's he.

"Drive" is the story of a group of people forced to participate in a cross-country car race, with a Cannonball Run/Amazing Race meets Lost vibe. It's looks interesting and it's from Tim Minnear (Angel, Buffy, Wonderfalls) and it's on Fox. So yes, it's probably brilliant and doomed. The 2 hour premiere is on Sunday, then it moves into Prison Break's old Monday spot.


Funniest reference to the show Lost in a comic strip this week from PvP:

Click on the picture for a readable size, or here: PvP April 11, 2007

Weirdest line of the week:

"Drop it. I have a particle wave ray gun and a bipolar disorder! I have no idea what it might do to you if I pull the trigger."

Doc Magnus, 52 issue #49
Pretty sure that came from writer Grant Morrison.

Categories:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I nearly laughed myself sick when Michael said, "Dwight, you ignorant slut!"

Unknown said...

Which time? ;)

I loved that Michael was so committed to his script that he ran through it a second time for the warehouse guys.

Anonymous said...

That whole episode last night was brilliant. How Dwight was shunning Andy/Drew, but would unshun him temporarily to give him orders. I think there is a possibility that those two could reconcile and be co-conspirators against the mammoth Jim/Pam prank machine.