Monday, September 17, 2007

Author Robert Jordan, a seminal fantasy writer, has passed away at the age of 58. Though I was never a big fantasy reader myself, I know many of my friends are fans of his works, especially his best-selling Wheel of Time series. In the last few years, fans have grown a bit frustrated because there seemed to be no end in sight for the long-running series, although that hasn't stopped the series from being a best-seller. Jordan had been suffering from a chronic illness for several years, affecting his ability to finish new installments in the series. The twelfth and (according to Jordan at the time of his death) final book in the series is supposed to be A Memory of Light (working title). The novel was incomplete as of the time of the author's death. I expect that whatever was done of that book will be worked into some publishable shape and eventually released.

Robert Jordan - Wikipedia

The Wheel of Time - Wikipedia
Categories: ,

0 comments: