Tuesday, September 04, 2007

California Dreamin' (Endless) – Friday Sept 7 @ 3:00pm Scotiabank 14
Les Chansons d'amour – Friday Sept 7 @ 7:15pm Scotiabank 3
The Band's Visit – Sun Sept 9 @ 3:30pm Ryerson
Philippine Science – Wed Sept 12 @ 6:30pm Scotiabank 1
Smiley Face – Thurs Sept 13 @ 10:00pm Scotiabank 1
Here Is What Is – Fri Sept 14 @ 11:15pm Varsity 3
The Trap – Sat Sept 15 @ 1:00pm Cumberland 2
Joy Division – Sat Sept 15 @ 8:15pm Cumberland 3


So despite being processed around the halfway mark out of all the total advance orders, I got all but one of my first picks. Probably because the films I picked weren't "big screen" premieres or films with a huge amount of advance hype. The only pick I didn't get was Run, Fat Boy, Run.That's not bad at all, as it's out this month in regular distribution. I was mainly going as I hoped to see Simon Pegg and Hank Azaria there.


Movies I may still try to see with same day or rush lines:
Control, Jar City, Son of Rambow, The Tracey Fragments, and The Last Lear.

Movies I'm looking forward to, but I'll likely wait until they get their theatrical release during Oscar season:
Ang Lee's Lust, Caution, The Coen Brothers' No Country for Old Men , Shekhar Kapur Elizabeth: The Golden Age, and Persepolis

I hope I can get at least a small review up for each film as I go. How about I do my best and we see how it goes, hmm?

0 comments: