Thursday, August 09, 2007

TVGuide.com: OK, last question: Where do you stand on spaying and neutering?

Drew Carey: Absolutely. Very for it.

TVGuide.com: Maybe even do it twice to the pet for good measure?

Drew Carey:
I think if I do get Price Is Right, I'll keep saying that at the end of the show and carry it on. [Going off on a tangent] Hey, listen, are you going to boycott the NFL if Michael Vick plays? [In mid-July, the Atlanta Falcons star was indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of sponsoring a dog-fighting operation so grisly the losing dogs either died in combat or were electrocuted, drowned, hanged or shot.] If he plays, I'm not only going to find someone with picket signs, I'm going to join the picket and if I have time and my travel schedule allows, I'm going to picket the stadium if I can. After what happened with the Duke guys, I don't want to be rushing to judgment, but even if a little bit of it is true, if he knew what was going on and he didn't step in, f--k him. Get rid of him. If he did nothing, and silence is consent, f--k him, man. And f--k the NFL. Honestly. If they think they can wrap themselves in the American flag and sing the National Anthem twice and think we'll forget this, when guys are getting arrested for beating their wives and killing dogs.... We're supposed to go, "Oh well"? F--k you. It makes me so mad."

- Drew Carey, new host of The Price Is Right, goes on a tangent when asked if he will continue Bob Barker's traditional end-of-show reminder to have your pets spayed and neutered.

Drew Carey Clears the Air About His New Game-show Gigs
Categories:

2 comments:

brokenengine said...

Thats amazing!

Unknown said...

It's funny reading that - Carey is a blue-collar guy, lifelong NFL fan who had his heartbroken when the Browns left Cleveland. But he's just had enough.