Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The trailer for the new film by director Michel Gondry is up. Be Kind, Rewind is a comedy pairing Jack Black and Mos Def as video store clerks who come up with a way to replace all their damaged inventory: they make their own versions.

Michel Gondry is responsible for one of my favourite movies, the unconventional love story Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and my favourite concert film, Dave Chappelle's Block Party, not to mention a helluva lot of my favourite music videos. I've got my fingers crossed that this may run at the Toronto International Film Festival, but otherwise it's in limited release on December 21st 2007, and wide release in the new year.

That's quite the inspired pairing of Jack Black and Mos Def. Mos is hella-funny but his laid back manner will balance nicely off Jack Black's manic hurricane of a personality.
Categories:

0 comments: