Monday, June 26, 2006

Not only does Rock // Paper // Pixels have talent with the camera lense (you can see her skills above and on her site), she also makes with the pretty words. I wasn't able to make the annual Broken Social Scene concert at Olympic Island, but Rock // Paper // Pixels captures why I always try to make the effort to go year after year. Go check out the gorgeous camera work on her site, with collections for many of the artists I like who pass through and come from Toronto.
Rock // Paper // Pixels » Broken Social Success @– Olympic Island 2006:
"BSS -To love this band is to not only experience the exhilaration of brass anthem blasts and voices raised to the sky in multiple harmonies, but also to see the members interact with each other, family, and friends. In the wings to the side of the stage, there was much dancing of moms and children alike. There aren'’t many 10+ year old bands left that haven't grown bored and now just dial it in live, but with every back-to-back note of Shorelines / Cause=Time / Fire-Eyed Boy it'’s plain as day that they still get a huge rush out of playing together. It is to this love of their band and each other that my photo set is focused and dedicated. " more on the concert here
I don't think I could put it better myself.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well hey hey there, thank you muchly!! I just saw this link to my site and followed it here. I'm a photographer by trade so I really hate the writing part of reviews, and this being my favorite live band in the history of TIME made it extra hard! It was a magical night, and trying to capture it in words or in images is (to quote Donovan) like trying to catch the wind. But I hope that I at least came close.

cheers,
- Beth