Monday, February 26, 2007

I was skeptical that when I heard The Simpsons Movie was coming out this summer. The show peaked about 10 seasons ago and while I always get at least a couple of laughs out of recent episodes, the laughs per minute rate has diminished.

Worry no more. After watching the most recent trailer for The Simpsons Movie, I thought "Wow, that was as funny as any of the stuff in the old days." I decided to look up (Wikipedia_ Simpsons Movie) to see which writers wrote the movie script, and hallelujah, it seems looks like a collection of the best writers from their peak era of Seasons 4 - 9. Some of the episodes the writers have written include the classics: "Mr. Plow" , "Cape Feare", "Homer's Enemy" (Frank Grimes), "Simpsons Bible Stories", "Two Dozen and One Greyhounds" ("See my vest, see my vest..."), "The Way We Was", "Homer the Heretic", and "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson". And the director is David Silverman, who directed Krusty Gets Kancelled, so it appears we're in good hands. Now if only we'd get a sequel to South Park: The Musical.

0 comments: