Sunday, February 18, 2007

I've spent most of the weekend on the couch with a cold and a fever, but am passing the time productively: I had a chance to catch up on some movies. Little Miss Sunshine was a really sweet and charming picture, a refreshing take on the "road trip" movie with some very damaged people piling into a VW Van just to make their little girl happy. The Inside Man was as good as you've heard: any of the actors involved would easily fit in with the other Oscar nominations. I was pleasantly surprised to see Spike Lee deliver a tense flick about the perfect heist, and it all comes together in this movie: plot, characters, dialogue. Held my attention all the way through.

And then I go online to check some emails and websites, and lo and behold, apparently Britney Spears is flipping out: after a 24-hour stint in rehab, she went to a barber shop and she shaves her own head. I looked at the photos and can't seem to spot any lobotomy scars. I mean, tell me that's sane behaviour from a woman that takes her life and her career seriously. And here I was pondering what could top murderous diaper wearing astronauts and the death of Anna Nicole Smith, and now we have a pop star in the midst of a very public meltdown that is giving Courtney Love a run for her money.

I'm going back to bed, it's too weird a world somedays.

0 comments: