Friday, December 08, 2006

Silly work dilema

The boss is taking us out to dinner tonight at a nice pub. I and several coworkers, are wearing jeans and dress shirts, as it is casual Friday. However, I just got the heads up that "jeans at a work function" is a pet peeve of the boss. I figured I'd be fine with my nice dress jacket and jeans, as it is a pub, but I might be wrong.

Do I:
  1. run out to the GAP and grab some khakis on my break, inadvertanly screwing over other co-workers?

  2. stop at the house, change, and drive to the event in Pickering, inadvertantly screwing over the other co-workers?

  3. show up in my nice jeans, shirt and blazer and just ride it out ?

Jason, who can't believe he actually might be underdressed for once in his life

Update: Alright, I picked the "don't screw over my co-workers" route. Fun and a new running joke was had by all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may be too late, but - 1) it's casual Friday, of which the boss should be aware, and 2) it's a pub, where casual wear is the norm. It sounds like what you're wearing is more business casual, anyways.

Anonymous said...

hard to say but I'd either vote for the Khakis or I think the jeans and the jacket would be good as well.

Mich