Monday, December 11, 2006

flippingcrappingsonuvanelfMonday

In short order my Monday looks like this:
  • gather materials for meeting with management on the status of my training program. I'm looking to them for suggestions, ideas and improvements to the system. But first I need to find a printer to print this stuff on, as the printer I use was reassigned with another department on another floor.
  • one of the kittens I am petsitting got out this morning. They are allowed outdoors, but I am working late and won't be home until late to let her back in. It's mild out, so I am not worried about the weather, but I will have to duck out at lunch or dinner and go to the house to make sure she is inside.
  • trying to fix a family misunderstanding (which isn't directly involved with me but will affect me anyway) before Christmas gets here. I don't understand why I have to be the adult amongst 50 and 60 years olds, but there I go sucking it up and handling this bullshit. And it is bullshit.
  • unrelated to that debacle, I am planning a nice suprise for my Mom for her visit this Christmas which, with some assistance from my friends R., is something she will genuinely enjoy.
  • and more pleasantly, I'm trying to put together a pleasant holiday gathering for my friends.

    All told, I am juggling much today, but I found the time to let you know I am alive and sort of well. I'll find fun stuff and gift ideas for you all in the next few days.
Categories:

3 comments:

Jen said...

And yet no comments on what pants you wearing today? We count on you for all the sartorial deets and drama...

Unknown said...

As I dial the phone to my relative, I loosen the green and gold oxford striped tie around my neck, trying to keep my cool, trying to stay as cool as my silver grey dress shirt. My thoughts turned to coal, dressed as I was in my black charcoal stripe jacket and pants, just like the lump of coal I was ready to give the person who picked up the other end of that line I was on.

You know Jen, you leave me an opening like that, I will have to go "J. Peterman" on yout. Thank you very much. And I look damned good too. It was the only thing going right for about 3 hours there.

Anonymous said...

i hope that the kitty was o.k. and that you fixed the family think, sometimes we have to just suck it up

See ya soon
Mich