Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sorry I've been neglecting you all for so long. Work and seasonal social plans have been taking up most of the time. But to make up for it and get you in the holiday mood, here's a little blast from the past, Christmas style. I swear I remember seeing this as a child, and until the internet could provide proof, most didn't believe me. Nor the fact that it featured both Boba Fett and Bea Arthur.

I give you the opening to The Star Wars Holiday Special. Oh George Lucas, what were you thinking?

Update: Master Lucas, I apologize. I re-read the Wikipedia entry on The Star Wars Holiday Special, and I realize now that you actually had little to do with the special, and I imagine it's one of the reasons that everything Star Wars related goes through you first. I did like the alleged quote from George Lucas about how if he had the time and money he'd hunt every copy down and pound it with a sledgehammer.

Now I want to find a clip of Harrison Ford's appearance on Conan O'Brien when he was asked about the special, Conan plays a clip, and Ford is clearly mortified.

0 comments: