Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving to my American readers. In honour of the holiday, List of Things Thrown 5 Minutes Ago has a link to a delicious turkey recipe for Sage-Roasted Turkey with Caramelized Onions and Sage Gravy (yum!) and The Onion AV Club has a list of 17 classic Thanksgiving TV episodes. The Friends episode they picked out of all of their annual Thanksgiving episodes is The One Where Ross Got High (where Rachel mixes a Trifle recipe with the Shepard's Pie), but I still prefer the just as funny episode with Brad Pitt showing up as a former fat classmate. I'd also add on last year's How I Met Your Mother episode, the one I used to get several people hooked on the show.

The grand champion, Muhammed Ali of Thanksgiving episodes is best summed up in this clip:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rule for finding this. My all tme favourite TV show of the 80's, just edging out Magnum P.I.

I have to repost this on my blog dude. Thanks!

Unknown said...

WKRP was classic. It's hard to find the series with all the original music intact (rights issues). I think the only way to find it as it was originally broadcast is to track down an early VHS collection of the series, or find someone who copied those tapes on the computer. I found a torrent of these online in the original format, but there are some opening and closing bits missing from some of them.

I normally wouldn't mind, but the missing bits sometimes screws up a gag. One of my favourite bits that suffered is the episode where Johnny and Venus are doing a drunk driving awareness campaign. They're drinking on air and a cop is testing their reflexes. The cop can't understand how Johnny's reflexes keep improving the drunker he gets. The missing bit contains the first two tests.

Enjoy the clip, I'll see what else I can track down.