Friday, March 24, 2006


I had the pleasure to hear Zaki Ibrahim back in October, singing a few tunes before K'naan took the stage. I can honestly say she got the attention of the whole room with her soulful powerful voice. Words wouldn't do justice to describe her sound, but I'll try: smooth, hot and sweet, like caramel. As Randy would say, that's some baby-making music.

I've been keeping an eye out for any chance to hear this up and coming talent, impatiently waiting for her to record an album BlogTO gave me the heads-up where I can find some of her music. Do yourself a favor and check out Zaki's Myspace page which has a couple of her songs playing. Her next appearance is at the Global Divas concert benefit event for St. Stephen's Community House youth drop-in program. Do yourself a favour and check out this fantastic singer, as talent like this doesn't stay local for long.

BlogTO | Zaki Ibrahim's A Global Diva
Photo: alexisfinch.com

0 comments: