Monday, October 02, 2006

I know, I know: I can't shut up about how much I like the band OK Go. You seen the terrific videos for A Million Ways and Here It Goes Again (aka the Treadmill routine) here. I'm getting tickets to their show at Mod Club on Monday November 13th. You think that would be enough for me.

And then I see the ice skating bit. Somehow, I missed this evolution of figure skating, as the Canadian bronze medalists Utako Wakamatsu & Jean-Sebastien Fecteau perform their OK Go routine. If any of you figure skating fans (you know who you are) know whether this was the Nationals or which year this was, let me know please. I don't know which is weirder: that someone adapted the choreography of A Million Ways sucessfully to a figure skating routine, or that this has made me watch figure skating for the first time since the days of Elvis Stojko and Josie Chounard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember seeing it but from the commentary I think it is from the Nationals this year, 2006. It is an exhibition gala performance so it is not a competitive routine.

Hope that's what you where looking for.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember seeing it but from the commentary I think it is from the Nationals this year, 2006. It is an exhibition gala performance so it is not a competitive routine.

Hope that's what you where looking for.

Unknown said...

I knew you'd be the one with the answer, thanks Karen!

Anonymous said...

Karen beat me to it!

Pretty cool though.

Unknown said...

Mich? You're a figure skating fanatic too?