Monday, September 15, 2008

It's that magical time of year when Nuit Blanche is upon us. The annual sunset to sunrise all night culture, arts, performance, and general cool stuff to see while vibrating on Red Bull festival is happening Saturday October 4th. It's all night, and all over the city from east to west, north to south. And did I mention free?



I had a blast last year, as evidenced by my bloggie photo essay The Night Starts Here - the2scoops . I managed to go from 10pm till 4:30am, so this year I'm going later and longer. Some of the more popular exhibits were pretty crowded during "tourist" hours from 9pm til 1am, but there's so much to see, it's easy to find something else to check out. Yorkville and Queen West got crowded, so I spent time in The Distillery District and University of Toronto until the crowds died down. TTC subway runs until 4am that night, so getting around is no problem. Transit day passes last all night, but sell out on the evening of the event (2 adults ride on one pass). Buy one ahead of time.

I suppose it's too much to hope that some of the exhibition streets are being closed to car traffic, more frequent TTC shuttles between sites, or Starbucks is offering free coffee from 1am - 4am (okay that last one isn't so plausible)

Official Nuit Blanche website with schedules

0 comments: