Tuesday, July 04, 2006

About a month ago I was thinking about my decision to move to my Dad's place for a couple of months, still going over whether it was the right thing to do or not. I'm sure it was the right choice, but if only I had a sign...

*Ring* - phone starts to ring.

...some sign that I knew that it'll all work out.

*ring**ring*

I should probably get that.
Phone: Hi Mr. Carlin, this is XXXX from XXXX Marketing. We're calling to let you know you've won our Pizza Pizza Personality contest. Congratulations.

Me: Wha-

Phone: You've won $1000 to spend at Over The Rainbow and $1000 to spend at The Shoe Company. Mr. Carlin?

Me: $2000 of clothes? Jesus, is that you?

Papers were sent, signed and returned, and there you have it, one shopping spree. I know some of you will point out the previous prize I won back in 2004 and ask how do I win these things. The answer: random luck. I never seem to win cold hard cash in the lottery or office draws, just on the contests that I don't consciously obsess about entering. I have to be reminded I entered these contests when I win. I entered online and had my number drawn, no tricks or technique, just luck and good timing of a prize I could use, since I am a sucker for clothes, especially more jeans. I picked up some new gear, got some shoes and shirts, a sweet Triple 5 Soul hoodie, and jeans that look like the pair I got from the Gap last month, but cost seven times more.

Most disturbing fact: the store stocks 7 For All Mankind jeans for toddlers. Does baby really need a $120+ boot-cut cross-stich pair of jeans for a playdate? Are there baby nightclubs that won't let them past the velevet rope in a simple pair of OshGosh?

I also discovered that you need a body fat percentage of about 5% to fit into a Diesel brand shirt, and everything is low-rise these days. That being said, Paper Denim and Mavi make really comfortable men's jeans. And the most comfortable sandals ever are made by Rockport (also learned buying a half size down for slides makes the fit tighter and less of the floppity-floppity noise that bugs the crap out of me).

Anyway, thanks Pizza Pizza for making my month with a pick me up.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

as always congrats to you, and your sweet new jeans and stuff.

And no baby's don't need 120.00 pair of jeans - best pair of pants that I've bought for Brenna were from Walmart and have last until now, she's actually grown out of them ( there were a size 2)

It's always the parents that need to make there children look hip and cool so that they will be looked upon as great wonderful parents who are givening their offspring everything - personally, I think that the said child getting everything will grow up to be a snob who wants everything for nothing or who gets mommy and daddy to buy them there stuff.
Rant over